Saturday, April 23, 2011

Before I start posting, I'll explain the title of my blog. One of my favorite scriptures tells us "the words of Christ...will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss." The prophet Alma goes on to say "do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way...the way is prepared and if we look we may live forever...see that ye look to God and live" (see Alma 37:44-47). The prophet Alma, toward the end of his life, is giving his last words of cousel to his son Helaman. Scripture is one thing that we can apply to us all and our own lives. How true it is though, that Christ has shown us all things that we must do whether by His own voice in the New Testament or through the voices of His prophets throughout the rest of scripture. All we have to do is implement them into our lives and try to live as He did. The greatest thing is that even though we have "the instructions manual" or "the cheat sheet" right in front of us, He still doesnt expect us to be perfect. When we mess up or "get an answer wrong" He makes it up for us if we just rely on Him. It is my hope along with Alma's that none of us get too "slothful" or take these answers for granted. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at work and do not have my scriptures with me today but a couple of weeks ago in institute we came across a verse with slothful in it also. I googled sloth and found this out...

    Sloths move only when necessary and even then very slowly... in fact they are so slow to move that algae grows on the. (Maybe we should check our belly buttons, haha) they sleep 15-18 hours per day...

    Anyway, slothful is actually a VERY descriptive word! But, I like you, am VERY grateful for a loving and merciful Heavenly Father that gives us not only a wonderful instruction manual but another chance...over and over again!♥

    ReplyDelete